Lianna & Kiley

Monday, August 1, 2011

Weekend Recap

The brats came home from a week with their dad.  And, yet again, I'm a horrible person and he's a fucking saint.  This used to happen every year after his yearly visit.  They'd spend time with him, he'd let them do whatever they wanted, he'd buy them candy and let them stay up late, then they'd come home and he was the best dad EVER and I was the lowly troll who made them clean their room.  THE HORROR!!  Then I thought that they were finally beginning to see him for what he is - a DEADBEAT who is only involved with their lives when it's convenient for him.  Did I ever get a lesson on Saturday.  


Apparently, according to Li, I'm not allowed to say anything negative about him. Ever.  Not that I normally walk around and verbally bash him, but we seemed to be on the same page - that he's no good.  Suddenly she wants a relationship with him and I'm not allowed to say anything even remotely bad about him.  How is that even POSSIBLE?!  According to Li he's making an effort and she wants to have him in her life.  I read it as - he want's something from her right now so he's feeding her chocolate covered bullshit and she's not even questioning it.  Which means in a matter of months he's going to break her heart again.  And I'm going to be the one who has to pick up the pieces.  Again.  


To top this wonderful discovery off I found out that he seems to think that simply because he's their dad he can override my decisions.  FUCK NO.  The girls' cousin, Sarah, is getting married at the end of August.  Sarah is SFB's niece.  She's getting married in Rockford, IL which is about an hour from us.  I've given the girls permission to attend the wedding and spend the night in the hotel as they will be sharing a room with two of their other cousins and, I originally thought, their aunt (Sarah's mom).  I gave Li permission to bring her boyfriend, Zac, but that he was not to spend the night.  


Suddenly, Li tells me that their dad is coming into town for the wedding and is staying in the room with my girls and their cousins.  Not his sister (their Aunt) as was the original plan.  Not only this but he's told Li that it's ok for Zac to spend the night because he'll be there.  This is so NOT flying with me.  SFB may be nearly 40 years old, but his history of decision making has not been stellar.  He is not what I would consider a responsible adult.  I guarantee he will allow them to drink.  I guarantee he will allow them to do... other things.  Not happening.  


I started to tell Li that Zac was not spending the night, she interrupts me to explain to me all the "other" people who will be in the room.  Then I tell her simply "You heard me.  Not an option.  Not happening."  I will need to talk with Zac's mom this week to explain to her the situation, as I know neither of the kids will.  Fun...


Saturday night, M and Ki and I went to the DuPage County Fair.  I haven't been there in about three years so it was nice to walk around.  Lucky for me Ki isn't a fan of carnival rides so I didn't have to worry about spending a buttload of money on that.  We were there for two things:  Monster Truck Show and Lemonade Shake Ups.  We brought our flask of vodka and instead of Lemonade Shake Ups we got Cherry Limeade and added the vodka to that while we watched the Monster Trucks.  We saw the animals, fed some goats, M got his funnel cake and hot sauce (he's a hot sauce addict - the hotter the better), and I got a grey tile with "The Ass Family" on it.  They had a man, a woman, and two girls and we are respectively labeled as - Wise, Smart, Lazy, and Kiss.  I think it's cute, M is upset that the stick figure man is wearing a tie.  I dont' care.  It's not for him anyway!  It's now hanging in my kitchen above my sink.


 Monster Trucks
 Baby Goat - He couldn't eat without being rammed by a bigger goat with horns.
 I FOUND THE EASTER BUNNY!!
 Poor goat has two casts on his legs...
A County Fair in the heart of the Midwest isn't complete without a Camel.  I named her (him?) Sally.  
"Sally the camel has one hump. Sally the camel has one hump.  Ride Sally ride."  Remember that song?!
This is where farm animals belong.  Behind a fence.  So they can't EAT YOUR FACE.  

My friend has photos of her with a deer at some place in Wisconsin Dells where the deer roam free and get fed by park goers.  In one of her pics the deer is not interested in the photo op but in eating her hair.  It looks like it wants to eat her face.  It creeps me out.
Creeps.  Me.  OUT.

2 comments:

Ms. Ro Chelle said...

GENIUS! Vodka & Cherry Limeade! I must try this.

Sorry about your ex being a lousy Dad. That must suck.

Erin T. said...

I must have alcohol when dealing with the shear number of people at a public gathering such as a fair. And I'm too dang cheap to spend the money on the alcohol they sell there. $8 and up for a 12oz cup of crappy beer?! No thank you, I have my flask.

It does suck that he's such a shitty dad. Especially in situations like this where I know it will not end well, but I can't say anything without looking like I'm bitter. I don't know why some men just can't stand up and be a man.