Lianna & Kiley

Friday, July 29, 2011

Things That Irritate Me While Driving

#1 - People who stop too long when turning right at a red light in which they have a green right turn arrow.  Yes, stop and make sure that some douche bag isn't going to run a red light, but dammit!  Don't sit there forever!

#2 - People who apply their brakes 1/2 a block from the stop sign or light.  Really?  Are you so bad at stopping that you have to have one foot on the gas and one on the brake at all times?

#3 - People who tap their brakes when the person in front of them tap theirs.  Every.  Stinking.  Time.



#4 - People at a stop light who leave enough room for a tank between themselves and the car in front of them.  I get that the car in front of you may be a stick, and that car may therefore roll backwards a little before moving in the forward motion again, but this does not mean that you need to block my access to the turn lane.

#5 - People who inch up on me at a light because they want to turn right while I'm going straight.  This will not have the desired effect you want.  I do move forward so they can get through if their car is not a gas guzzling SUV.  They think that will make me want to get so far into oncoming traffic as to get smooshed just so they don't have to wait the 3 minutes to make their turn?  I've been in a head on collision before and don't feel like trying a t-bone collision next time.  Fuck you.  My car will now either be put into Park or Reverse depending on your level of impatience.



If I'm ever diagnosed with a terminal disease in which there is no cure and no hope, I don't want Hospice.  I want a beater of a car spray painted with "THE ENFORCER" on all sides and to be let loose on the roadways of America.

Despite all these things that irritate me while driving, I'm really not a bad driver.  Nor am I a Road Hog or anything else.  I just would like driving courtesy to apply across the board.

No comments: