Lianna & Kiley

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spanish Questions

Last night L had to ask me a bunch of questions for Spanish homework.  Initially I was afraid that she was going to ask me in Spanish, which would have not been conducive for a productive question and answer session on my end, however, I ended up being more apprehensive about the question content than the language in which the questions were asked!  Let me explain:  I have a difficult time remembering what I did last weekend.  My short term memory is shady at best.  I'd like to blame "Mom Brain" but who really knows?  Which might explain why my kids get away with so much.  Hmmm... I think I need to look into this more later.  If I remember.

L was asking me basic questions such as:
"What hospital was I born at?"
"How big was I?"
"What was my first word?"
"When did I first crawl/walk/talk?"

All those things I could answer pretty quickly, but then she asked me what her favorite toy was as from age 0 to 24 months old.  Really?  #1 - I don't know about your kids but I've never met a newborn who has a favorite toy.  #2 - There's such an age gap between newborn and 2 years old.  Not only does a human change exponentially between those ages, but so do their personalities and therefore their preferences of toys, food, clothing...  Think about the last time you let a two year old attempt to dress themselves.  Yeah.

I thought that maybe these were questions that she had come up with herself, but these were questions her teacher wanted her to ask.  I was floored when L asked me the next question - "What was my sleeping schedule between 0 months and 24 months?"  Huh?!  Do you mean did you sleep throughout the night?  As a newborn - no way.  As a 2 year old - yes.  She was not satisfied with my answer and said she needed to know what her sleep schedule was between those ages.  What time did she go to sleep and how long did she sleep.  She said my answer was to include nap times as well.  She showed me the paper but the questions were written in Spanish, which I don't speak or read, so I had no idea if that was the real question or not.  

I sorry, but don't remember what her nap schedule was.  It's been at least 13 years since she's taken a regular nap.  I told her to make up whatever she wanted and put that down.  Her teacher would never know if it was right or not, and if her teacher wanted to take it up with me I'd welcome it.  What stupid questions.  At least ask something that would even be included in her Baby Book.  Ha ha!  At least her Baby Book would have some information in it!!

2 comments:

Ms. Ro Chelle said...

1. Those are way weird questions for a teacher to be asking.

2. I barely remember anything from when my oldest was a baby...and she is only 6!!

Erin T. said...

I thought the same thing. I'll have to "remember" to ask her if her Spanish Teacher is male or female and if they have kids... Chances are it's a childless male which would explain the weird questions.