Lianna & Kiley

Monday, September 20, 2010

Kids Say The Cutest Things

This weekend we went to our friend's, Jenny and Scott's Engagement Party, and received the strangest greeting from children that any of us had EVER received before!  And that's saying a lot!

Jess, Abbey, Mike, M and myself were around the bonfire in the backyard.  Jess and Abbey were talking.  Mike and M were talking.  (I had the benefit of watching both greetings from the other side of the bonfire where I was attempting to keep my nasty cigarette smoke away from the group as they don't indulge in the dirty habit I'd LOVE to kick.  That's another post.):

Greeting #1
A little girl about 8 years old came up to Abbey from behind Abbey's chair, and instead of saying hello or a typical greeting - she reached out and ran her hand through Abbey's hair.  Abbey originally thought it was either Mike (her husband) or M as that's a typical thing they'd do to her just to get a reaction from her.  The look on Abbey's face when she realized that not only was a stranger petting her, but the stranger was a child was PRICELESS!

The little girl never said a word to Abbey.  Just petted her a couple times and then walked away!  Abbey said hello to her but she never acknowledged! 

Greeting #2
(This happened at almost the exact time Abbey's Greeting By Petting occurred which made it even funnier.)  Mike and M were talking.  A little boy about 3 years old walked up to Mike and said "I'm Donald and I'm just a kid."  Mike laughed and said "I'm Mike and I'm just an adult!"  Donald then says "Yea I know, but I'm just a kid!"  Donald then turned around and walked away.  He came back though.  With Yoohoo in a plastic wine glass.  He sat next to Mike and told Mike what he had in his glass.  Mike asked Donald if he knew what goes good with Yoohoo.  Donald said he didn't, so Mike told him Rum.  Donald said "Rumpelstiltskin?!?!  That's so FUNNY!!!!!"  Donald then laughed so hard he fell out of his chair.

We met another little boy.  We found out later his name is Colin (and he happens to be one of Jen's five kids).  We were sitting there with Donald, who at this point would tell anyone that he had Rumpelstiltskin in his glass, when another kid who looked to be about 2 or 3 years old sat down.  Since he sat next to me I asked him what his name was.  He said "I free (3)"  I thought he misunderstood me so I tried again.  "What does your mom call you?  I'm Erin and this is Abbey.  Who are you?"  He looked at me like I was dense.  "I free" he said.  "My borfday is Ausist firty-first"  So Abbey tried, "I'm Abbey.  That's Donald next to you.  What do we call you?  Three?"  He looked at her like SHE was dense now.  "Yea.  I free."  We gave up and for the rest of the evening we called him Three!

Before we realized he was indeed one of Jen's kids we were joking that he was probably one of their kids, and because between Jen and Scott they have so many kids (7 kids under the age of 6, including 2 sets of twins) they've given up on names and just call them One, Two, Three, etc.  Later we found out he IS Jen's son; is 1/2 of the first set of twins; he and his sister just turned 3 August 31st; technically he is her third born!!

Jen's oldest Daughter, Madelyn, was another funny kid.  She had been playing Queen with the hair petting girl.  She'd come out of her bedroom yelling down the hallway "Move back!  Move back!  Queen coming through!  Move back!"  At one point she was on the porch.  Mike was trying to get into the house and she wouldn't let him pass, because he didn't bow to her!  She insisted she was the Queen and he needed to bow first.  He insisted that he was bigger, which made him a King, so he didn't have to bow.  He finally realized he was losing this verbal battle with a 5 year old so he picked her up and moved her.  When he came out of the house she followed him into the yard.  She stood behind him with her arms crossed and glaring daggers into his head.  When he turned around all she did was use her pointer finger and middle finger to point at her own eyes, then point her finger at him!  She then stalked off!!!  I think I just about wet my pants at this point.

I cannot convey to you how incredibly funny these kids were.  After the strange greetings I was laughing so hard I'm embarrassed to say it but will put it out there anyway - I farted.  Then Donald fell out of his chair laughing at Rumpelstiltskin and we met a kid who thought his name was 3, and the hair petting girl decided to become my BFF for about 10 minutes while she ordered M to go to Taco Bell, it was too much!  Scott and Jen need to have more parties and just invite us and these kids. 

No comments: