One of my best guy friends, Will, told me last night that his wife, Marnie, is pregnant. Again. Oh boy. Not that I'm not happy for them, but they got married right after they found out that Marnie was pregnant with their first child, Lilly. Lilly just turned 2 this past July 4th. Then when I was talking to Marnie around Lilly's First Birthday she told me they were pregnant again. Now they have a little boy as well. I'm ashamed to say that I've never met their son, and I can't even remember for sure what his name is. I think it's something like Logan and I think he's something like 7 or 8 months old now. (I know I'm a horrible friend, but it's hard to find time to get together with people who're your friends, but who don't run in your "circle of friends". I'm working on it. I really am.)
Will had called me on Tuesday night but I didn't answer the phone because I was watching Sons of Anarchy. Yes, I'm addicted to that show as well as countless others. He left me a voicemail message but I didn't pick up the message until yesterday afternoon. (Have I ever mentioned that I SUCK at returning phone calls? I do. I don't do it intentionally, but I'll get a call at a time when I can't answer - mostly during the work day - and I make mental notes to return the call... But I always forget. I really try to remember, but most of my friends know how I am. I don't do it intentionally. I really don't. I'm just not a big phone conversation person. Text me though and I'll carry on one hell of a conversation that way!) Anyway, his message said he had big news for me but that I had to call him back to find it out. For crying out loud, Will! When I called him last night I was sure he was going to tell me that he'd left Marnie. I was gonna shoot him through the phone. I don't know why I was so sure of that... I'm very glad to report that's not the case. They're pregnant again. And this time it's twins. I told him he needs to get his shit snipped.
His poor wife has been pregnant for... too long. When Lilly had her first birthday they were pregnant with Logan. When Logan has his first birthday they'll still be pregnant with the twins. Will insists that she's been on the pill and they've always used condoms, but I have a very hard time believing that. She said from the start that she wants a lot of kids. Will always joked that if she was serious she was with the wrong guy. A part of me thinks she sabotaged their birth control, but I don't know her that well so I can't say that for sure.
Hearing about this pregnancy makes me feel badly for the kids, too. Will's an electrician and doesn't have a steady job. Marnie used to be a florist but quit after Lilly was born and never went back. I know money is tight for them. So tight it's non-existent at times. Now they're going to add two more mouths to feed and all that comes with that, which will trickle down to Lilly and Logan. I just hope that Will can get a steady job cuz he's going to need it. He's going to need the insurance coverage that will come with a steady job, too. Hopefully it'll cover a vasectomy.
However, I'm glad to hear that they're all healthy. Lilly and Logan are, and so is Marnie and the twins. I've decided that the next weekend I don't have plans for already, will have a scheduled visit to the Will and Marnie household so I can see Lilly-Pad again and meet Logan. Finally.
No comments:
Post a Comment