Lianna & Kiley

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Mini-Vacation Over :(

I started to write this post and then realized that I was blabbering.  I mean, really, who cares that I spent two hours walking around Target "just because I could"?  I realize that I'm more like my Grandpa T than I thought.  That man just can't get to the point of a story to save his life!!  Although he is 84 so I guess he gets a pass on his story telling.  I'm sometimes surprised he can remember where his story was going to begin with.

Let me see if I can just "recap" my Mini-Vacation...  I did pretty much - Nothing.  Nada.  Zilch.  And while that's kind of frustrating because it was supposed to be a Vacation and that word in itself implies FUN, it was still relaxing to do nothing.  M tried to golf 18 holes on Thursday with Justin but they got kicked off the green just after teeing off on the 3rd hole due to lightening and pouring rain.  They got a voucher for a free game and a golf cart, so what did they do?  They went back on Friday.

L had her tournament on Saturday and Sunday.  Her team looked better than they did for the "Friendly" game the previous Saturday, and each game (two on Saturday and one on Sunday) they looked better and better; however, they lost game #1 on Saturday, tied game #2 on Saturday, and lost game #1 on Sunday. 

The team they played on Sunday is ranked 20th in the state.  They held their own for the first half and were actually winning 1 - 0.  In the second half they fell apart, the other team got it together, and they lost 1 - 3.  It would have been a tie except the other team got two penalty shots (direct shot in front of the goal with no defenders).  One was a bullshit call.  The girl from the other team tripped.  When she went down she grabbed her knee to make it look like our girl kicked her leg, which our girl did not.  That's considered playing the man and not the ball.  Because they were in the boxed off area in front of the goal it resulted in a penalty kick.  The second penalty kick was because our girl DID play the man and not the ball.  The girl from the other team had to be carried off the field.

You would think that I'd have remembered to wear sunscreen Saturday after burning my face off the previous Saturday, but I'm not that smart.  I ended up with a crispy face again after this weekend.  Saturday night M and I went to the Buffalo Grove Days Fair with Justin, Jessie and Karly to see a band called American English (they're a Beatles cover band) and Justin told me later that when he couldn't find our group after a beer run all he had to do was look for my glowing face.  Nice, Justin.  I love you too, Asshole!

Sunday night Beth and Craig came over for a fire.  It was a relaxing evening.  Beth was in a rare mood.  She doesn't often get drunk, but she tied a couple on and took one for the team.  I was getting another beer when she pulled "A Beth".  That means she stood up, lost her balance, tried to sit back down, landed on the arm of the chair instead of the seat, and fell over backwards.  She did this once at their house and cracked her head against their fence.  That time I saw it.  I wanted to help her because she hit her head, but I was laughing so hard that I knew if I got up I'd wet my pants!  I completely missed this time.  Apparently she hit the edge of the grill.  She's ok though.  She didn't hit it that hard I guess because she was laughing about it when I returned to the porch.

All in all it was a good 5 days off.  Now I'm counting down to Thanksgiving - my next extended weekend!!

No comments: