Lianna & Kiley

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

T-Minus 55 Minutes!!!

It's T-Minus 55 minutes until my 5 day vacation!!  Yay!  I had originally wanted to take this vacation the week before school started so the girls, M and I could do something to celebrate the end of summer, BUT M's work decided to screw him over - again - and give someone else approval for vacation after they'd already told M he could take off.  Then decided to tell him, "Whoops.  Too bad.  You can't take off anymore on the days you wanted to, but you can take off the week before Labor Day."  Maybe that's actually a good thing.  He got an extra "day off" out of it - Labor Day.

The girls are back in school now so it's just going to be M and me tomorrow and Friday.  We had planned on going to Downtown Chicago to take one of the Water Tours, but OF COURSE it's supposed to rain tomorrow and then be chilly on Friday.  Blah.  I've always wanted to go on one of the Water Tours in Chicago.  I've lived my entire life (with the exception of 1 year and 3 months of HELL living in Columbus, IN with my ex-husband.  Hell being the ex-husband - not Columbus, IN.) in Chicagoland and have never been on one of these boats.  For our 8th Grade Trip we did go on the Spirit of Chicago, which is a boat that goes on the lake.  I don't remember much of that trip other than my friend Margot got a sunburn around the beautiful braid that hung down her back, one of my least favorite teachers showed up in a white skirt with navy stockings and white shoes which made all of the girls snicker at her, and the food and DJ were very good.  Other than that?  I remember nothing.  So yea.  I'd have liked to be able to take the Water Tour but I'm not about freezing my ass off or sit in the pouring rain on a damn boat when technically I can go to the city anytime I want.

L has her first soccer tournament this weekend in Palatine, IL.  Good thing is it's not far from us, about 45 minutes (an hour with construction).  It's far enough that I'm not going to be coming home in between the games which I've done with previous tournaments she's been in, but not so far that I have to get a hotel room and stay overnight.  I told her to bring her homework, a book, her iPod, etc.  I'm planning on getting a bunch of fruit from Caputos (a market close to me that has FANTASTIC prices on produce), making a bunch of sandwiches, and bringing the cooler.  Hopefully It's not too hot and not too cold on Saturday.  (This reminds me, I have to go to the library tomorrow!)

I saw this awesome sports tent at Sports Authority the other day.  It was basically a golf umbrella on steroids.  If you took an opened umbrella, laid it on the ground, and attached flaps to the sides to create a little side wall that is what you'd have with this sports tent thing.  The floor model they had on display had two chairs underneath this thing with room for a cooler in between the chairs and room on the other sides.  I want this badly.  Then I wouldn't have to sit on the bleachers and burn my face off.

No comments: