I have a couple of “peeves” today that are really irritating me. Not that there’s a right or wrong answer to either of these, but I feel an overwhelming need to put each of them out there, so to speak:
#1) Why is it that as a Nation comprised of so many different cultures and races we are so quick to pull the race card? Why can’t an argument between a white man and a black man be an argument? Do we really need go further and give voice to the people who try to convince us that it was one race trying to suppress the other?
Why when there is a rule that states you are not allowed to wear any type of headgear if you want to ride a ride at an amusement park DUE TO SAFETY CONCERNS suddenly it’s because someone is against Muslims?
Why is it that some people think that they are above rules? That they can say “well that’s against my religion/views/race so therefore I’m not going to abide”?
I really don’t understand how some people operate.
#2) People really need to quit posting on Facebook statuses about Firefighters/Police/Nurses/Teachers/Doctors/Veterinarian/Gas Station Attendant being out there doing their jobs saving lives. I get it. I really do. You have a significant other who is in this profession and you’d like them to receive the recognition they deserve and I don’t blame you for that, but do I really have to post it as my status if I believe it? Will the world of Facebook look at me as a Peon if I don’t post it and leave it up for 24 hours? What if I post about the Police Officers because I have a cousin who’s a cop, but then three hours later I see one about a Teacher? Well, I have a brother who’s a teacher (yes he’s an asshole, but he’s still a teacher). So I change it. Then I see one about a Doctor? Crap! I have a cousin who’s a doctor so I guess I have to change it again. Now it’s about someone in the Military. SHIT! My cousin’s in Afghanistan so I have to change it again!
I know people in all these professions and I get wanting recognition for your work but if I have to change my status every hour I think I’ll punch myself in the face.
1 comment:
I never do those "post this for 24 hour" status updates. They have them for just about everything...do you have a great mom? post this. do you love being an aunt or uncle? post this. have you lost someone from cancer? post this... it goes on and on and on. I usually only post status updates that are relevant. or sarcastic. or funny. lol.
Post a Comment