Lianna & Kiley

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Falling Face First...


I was just making my way through some back-blogs of some very funny bloggers when I came upon an exceptionally funny blog on Oh, Noa.  This chick is funny.  As she says, she’s funnier than your Grandma; which she is.  I love my Grandma but damn.

This particular post was about falling and the different types of fall-saves there are.  She asks about the funniest fall you’ve ever had.  I personally can’t remember any specific falls I’ve had because generally speaking I’m not too coordinated on land so there are many, however, this post did make me think about a time when Li was about 18 months old

She was following a beetle around on the ground in the kitchen.  I remember thinking that she looked funny scooting around with her butt up in the air when the beetle decided that it’d had enough of this human child trying to pick it up and it darted under the refrigerator.  Li was a little perplexed as to how to see the beetle now.  She ended up kneeling down with her face on the ground peering under the ‘fridge.  I guess the beetle wanted revenge because it came running out at her.  She was so freaked out that she jumped up, turned around and ran face first into the wall missing the doorway by about a foot.  Just thinking about this has me laughing!!  I’m such a horrible Mother!  My kid just smashed her face into a wall and I laughed!  My ass off! 

This also reminds me of the time I lived in Indiana when Dan & Pri were my neighbors.  We were over at our apartment and we were drinking.  For some reason I decided that I was going to run down the hallway in my apartment and out the front door.  However, I failed to open the front door and only realized that I would hit the door moments before I connected.  Being drunk (Don’t judge - I was 20 yrs old) I thought that this was the funniest shit ever and proceeded to do it again and again.  I don’t remember much else except that Pri thought it was hilarious and mentioned it on Facebook just today!

Trips down memory lane can be fun!!  If you feel like reading a really funny blog, go visit Oh, Noa.  You won't be disappointed.

No comments: