Quick weekend recap: Attended a Graduation/Graduation & Going Away Party for two cousins this weekend. Both from the same side of the family so it was a combined party. Andy graduated from Medical School and starts his residence at University of Chicago (I think) shortly, and Brian graduated from High School and will be leaving for boot camp in about 7 days (give or take a few days). It was nice to see all the family there. I have relatives in Florida (Andy's parents) as well as relatives in Utah who were able to make it up for the party.
We don't often get the entire family together so, of course, Eric's girlfriend Sarah had to take photos. Even though I can't stand her I will say she does have a knack for taking really good pictures. That's about the only redeeming quality about her as far as I'm concerned. I know my Aunt Debbie doesn't care for her much either. She and I were kinda laughing at something Sarah either said or did, and my Aunt Teri wanted to know why we were laughing. She replied with, "Oh, but I like her!" I told Teri, "That's because you're a nice person and you like everyone!" Which is true, and that's fine if everyone else likes Sarah. I don't. Mostly because she's a bitch. She's been everywhere, she's done everything, and she's fucking fantastic at it all. AND she's adopted Eric's habit of criticizing my parenting skills which doesn't endear me to like her despite everything else. Sarah once told K that I was a horrible person because I no longer do my kids laundry. Really?! I'd like her to wash 4 loads of laundry in a weekend only to see that washed, dried, and folded laundry end up on the floor of the child's bedroom instead of their drawers or hanging up. Or to find the folded laundry from the previous week in the bottom of the hamper with the dirty laundry piled on top.
I digress... This wasn't supposed to be a post about my dislike of Sarah.
So we had the party on Saturday. M ended up leaving early to go to a poker tournament. Which is fine with me. He showed up, he ate dinner, he talked to people, he said his good-byes - it's fine. He thinks my mom was mad that he left, but I don't agree. My Uncle Doug, Aunt Cindy, Grandma, and Dad didn't care that he left. Even if my Mom cared - who cares?!
Sunday we did our usual running around, but had a discussion of summer rules with the girls at dinner time. M wanted to scare the bee-jesus out of L by telling her that he would be coming home at anytime, that we'd have neighbors watching the house, that my Dad would be showing up at odd times, etc. I agree that rules need to be established, but I don't see the need for overkill. We compromised with telling the girls the rules:
1. Absolutely NO BOYS in the house or in the garage at any time
2. Let M or myself know if a friend will be in the house (it's un-nerving to come home and find so and so in the house when you thought it was only your family)
3. Send either M or myself a text to let us know where they're going when they leave.
4. Clean up after yourself.
For example:
Don't leave dirty dishes in the sink. Either put them in the dishwasher or wash them by hand. Put the toaster away and clean up the crumbs from your Pop-Tart, Toast, Bagel, Sandwich, etc.
We altered their time to be home to do their daily chores a little. They're to be home by 5:30pm to do their chores. They may leave again to go back outside after that on the condition that when I call them for dinner they come home.
They've already called me numerous times yesterday and I'm expecting the same today. I'm about to forbid them from calling me at all unless they're dying or dead.
School starts again when?
No comments:
Post a Comment