Father’s Day was on Sunday. We went camping at Blackwell Saturday night, like we always do for Father’s Day. It was a quiet time. Aunt Cass wasn’t there this year. She actually hasn’t been for the last few years for one reason or another, but this year it’s because all of my Dad’s siblings are mad at him and not talking to him. However, that’s an entirely different post. Uncle Mark wasn’t there either. He claims he had to work. I think it’s because he doesn’t like camping so he came up with an excuse this year, but it could be the truth. He’s been on two trips out of the country in the last 6 weeks so it’s highly possible that he had to work this weekend. It was just Mom, Dad, Eric, my girls and myself. Eric didn’t even bring Taz-the-Spaz because he couldn’t find her leash.
We went on a horse drawn hayride when we got to the campsite. Apparently my Mom was hoping the girls and I would get there early enough to go. They were only having the rides until 3pm and we showed up at about 2:30 or so. It was cheesy but it was something different to do. After that we set up camp. The girls and I had to sleep in Eric’s tent because the campgrounds only allow two tents per campsite, but was fine with me because then I didn’t have to air out and sweep out a tent at home. He can do it!
(Surprisingly, Eric said absolutely nothing about me telling him to go fuck himself for calling me a bigot and a racist. He talked to me like nothing had happened; he acted like nothing had happened. It was kind of anti-climatic. I was sort of hoping he’d be a dick so I could tell him off again!)
I had borrowed our friend’s bag game, so we played a couple games of bags. That got old quick because Eric and I were the only ones who really know how to play. Mom, Dad, K and L went on a “night-hike” as K called it. It was really only dusk but that’s what she wanted to do. We had pork steaks and baked potatoes for dinner and S’mores for dessert. In the morning we had omelets in a bag, packed up camp and came home.
It was a quiet and hot day. Nothing special really, but that’s what my Dad wanted so that’s what he got.
Sunday after getting home from camping we went to Lake Geneva. We took Walker with us. He was such a ham in the water. He'd sit on the beach whining for whomever was in the water. We'd let him go "get" whoever was out there. His idea of "getting" you is to swim out to you, then turn around and swim back to shore, and sit there whining for you. We didn't go to one of the bigger beaches because of him, so the beach we were at was litterally 10' from the road. Because of that we couldn't let him off the leash. He'd have run into the street for sure. We weren't there really very long because K started getting whiny too about being hungry and not wanting to hold Walker. It was her idea to bring him in the first place.
All in all it was a very quiet weekend. Not a whole lot going on. The kids are being kids. In other words, they're fighting all the time, arguing with M and I all the time, wanting to do what they want to do all the time... And I sometimes wonder why I drink!
No comments:
Post a Comment