I had my OB appointment on Monday evening. He tried to get the heartbeat via ultrasound from my belly and couldn't really get a good picture. He had to switch to the internal device.
I could see my baby there on the screen but it wasn't moving. The Dr looked very somber and I knew something was wrong. He said he couldn't detect a heartbeat.
I had to go to an official ultrasound on Tuesday morning to confirm. I started bleeding Tuesday afternoon. It hurt so bad. I had to have a D&C on Tuesday evening but went into the ER on Tuesday afternoon because of how bad I was bleeding.
I spent the rest of the week on the couch or in bed in my pajamas with a heating pad watching crappy daytime TV and crying.
The #1 job as a parent is to keep your children safe. You protect them, you keep them safe and you take care of them. And I didn't do that.
I know how illogical that sounds. I know that it's completely incorrect. I know that this wasn't my fault. I know that there was nothing that I did or didn't do that caused this. I know all this but I cannot stop thinking it.
I also know how incredibly pissed off I get when someone tells me that I can't do or have something. I know how much that makes me want to say "Oh yea? Guess what, Bitch? Gonna do it anyway."
M and I have talked about this and have decided that while this baby was not planned the next one will be. I can only hope that my age doesn't get in the way.
I have so many questions for my Dr next week...
1 comment:
I am so, so sorry to hear about your loss. I have never experienced this type of loss so I don't even have adequate words. But I will be keeping you and your family in prayer and have faith that when the time is right it will work out for you guys. Take it easy.
Post a Comment