Lianna & Kiley

Monday, October 10, 2011

Pregnancy Dreams

I have nothing relevant to post but I wanted to see if I could keep a sort of Journal of my dreams.  I remember having really weird dreams when I was pregnant with the girls but I don’t remember any of them.  This weekend I had one really strange dream and two little odd dreams.  Unfortunately I don’t remember anything about the second and third dreams except that I had to pee in both of them and took place in the town I grew up in.  Not enough to write down.

Really Strange Dream:
I was in the driver’s seat of M’s Grand Prix sitting in the driveway of a neighbor’s house while my mother was talking to the neighbor.  We were in the neighborhood where I grew up.  Suddenly the car rolled backwards down the driveway and straight down the street gaining speed as it went.  As hard as I tried to apply the break the car wouldn’t stop.  It finally rolled to a stop and I got out of the car.  I was no longer in my old neighborhood but in one I’d never seen before.  I was convinced that it was just new builds in the old neighborhood and if I walked two blocks over I would come out on my old street.  Not only did I not come out on my old street but the Grand Prix was now gone as was the street that I had come in on.  I was walking around this new neighborhood thinking how pretty it was but how eerily quiet it was as well.  It was the middle of the day and I didn’t see any evidence of anyone or anything. I didn’t hear birds or wind. 

Somehow I came upon a guy who I knew (not in real life – I have no clue who this guy was but dream me knew him) and we were walking around the neighborhood together.  He wanted to knock on a door to talk to someone about where we were and how we could get home.  I told him that I was afraid to do that because it was so peaceful and serene, but something told me that if we spoke to the residents it would spoil the tranquility.  We kept walking and on another block there was a family outside in their driveway.  A boy was playing basketball but there was an odd way he tried to dribble with his leg instead of his hands.  The little girl was playing jump rope or something and her movements were odd as well.  Almost as if they were trying to be “human” but weren’t practiced at it enough.  The mother was sitting at a card table with a puzzle.  We tried to talk to them but we didn’t speak the same language.  They tried to speak with us for a little while but gave up and were headed inside their house.  The little boy stopped by the card table and tried to show me the box that was under the puzzle box but something about the writing terrified me and I told him I didn’t want to see that right now..  He smiled at me as if to say, “that’s ok” but his smile chilled me to the bone.  (Think football shaped face with a demonic unibrow in a frown but a great big toothy grin – that’s the best way I can describe it.  Like he was looking at me as if he wanted to kill me.)

We started to run through the neighborhood which previously looked so serene and beautiful, but now the sun was gone and the houses were dilapidated, the street was crumbling, and there were more “people” outside now.  As we were running through the town the residents would look at us, and their children would try to bite us and wanted to chase us, but the grownups would say “Not yet.  Let them run.”  WE ended up running into a corn field and we heard them all start to chase us.

Then I woke up drenched in sweat and needing to pee.  Thinking about the little boys face as he smiled at me still kinda creeps me out.

No comments: