I love you very much. You should know this by now. Otherwise, why else would I put up with your shit? No, really? Why? Your "schedule" seems to revolve around our need to be out of the house and on our way... anywhere. I could tell you that we would win $4 Million dollars if we are at such-and-such a location at EXACTLY a specific time, and you would have to use the bathroom right before we leave thereby causing us to miss out.
You need to re-schedule your bathroom times to any other time than right before we leave. Every. Damn. Time. I'm tired of telling people we'll be here or there at 4 pm for dinner only to have to contact them at 3:50 to inform them that, yet again, we will be closer to 4:30. Luckily no one ever questions our consistent lateness. Unfortunately I'm sure that secretly they blame me.
I've tried to tell you that we need to be at specific locations a half hour earlier than we really need to be there in the hopes that I can trick your colon into using the facilities in a time frame that is more useful to our social needs, but no such luck. You think "no party starts" without you. Sorry to say this, Darling Husband, but that's not so. (By the way, the next time I hear you complain about how your friend Carrie is ALWAYS late I will punch you in the throat.)
Love You Always,
Your Wife
BLOG ENTRY PART TWO - (Aren't you a lucky bunch!!)
While getting ready for work in the morning I have the local CW news on in the background. Really the only reason is so that I can find out the weather, but also so that I'm not completely lost if something major is happening and someone wants to discuss it with me. (Good luck, whomever you are trying to talk to me about news related items. However, there are times in which I do like to not look like a complete idiot.)
This morning I heard the anchor talking about the shootings in Chicago having been excessive, even for Chicago standards, over the holiday weekend. They were talking about a couple of the shootings. Then a man came on camera, and I don't know if he was an Alderman or some community leader or just a Chicago resident, but his explanation for the excessive shootings was:
"You're talking about a great number of frustrated and angry youths."
Are you fucking kidding me? So apparently, if you're a youth and you're frustrated and angry you can shoot a human and it's accepted to some degree because you're angry and frustrated? Bullshit. I can't believe this person actually thought that a good and valid reason to the shooting of HUMAN BEINGS was because the person doing the shooting was an angry and frustrated youth!
Granted, I grew up in the suburbs, but how does one not know that it's wrong to shoot someone? Even if I grew up in the shittiest ghetto of Chicago (ahem... South Side) as a human you know, you know, that you're not supposed to shoot people simply because you're angry and frustrated!
I really and truly do NOT understand how some people operate.... The man claiming that anger and frustration is a valid excuse to use deadly force on other humans is, in my opinion, why the cycle of violence continues in certain places. Never in a million years would you see my family members or community members supporting me if I decided to start shooting people simply because I was angry and frustrated.
My god... Do you realize how many people I would have been able to get away with killing if that were the case?!
1 comment:
No kidding. Aren't we all frustrated? Good grief.
Post a Comment