My bosses purchased 10 tickets to a charity fundraiser for Multiple Sclerosis. They then asked all of us here in the office if we'd be interested in going. I was going to decline mainly because when I looked at the flyer with the information on it I realized it was a barn dance. The fundraiser was being called "Stompin Out MS". Then my company paid to fix the springs on my car which cost $600 so I felt like I kind of had to go. M was less than pleased. Until he found out that there was an open bar and that both Craig and Beth, and Justin and Melissa were going, too. It ended up being an alright evening. The open bar was a lie. Instead it was a "$10 bottomless drink" thing but they only had Miller Lite, Highlife, Wine and Mikes Hard Lemonade's. M is not a Miller drinker, nor does he drink wine. He ended up drinking Hard Lemonades all night and since those go down pretty easily, and quickly, he was feeling no pain by 9pm. Not obnoxious, just no pain. I despise country music and I refuse to line dance to any song. The night would have been 80x's better if I'd have been able to drink. (I was designated driver for ourselves and Beth & Craig because obviously.) I wasn't forced to hang out with my bosses all evening, and both Beth and Craig were in good moods so it wasn't too bad. Until I was ready to go at 10pm and they were all "Let us have just one more drink" which turned into 2 or 3 until at 10:30 I told them I was leaving with or without them. They thought I was kidding until I got up from the table and said my goodbyes to my bosses. They followed like dutiful children then...
Sunday morning Sarah came over to "plan" my family baby shower that she's throwing. I'm still unsure of why she had to come over to do this as email would have been just fine, but it wasn't too bad. I'm not sure how much planning of the shower we did as Ki got her started on her wedding (which is in 6 weeks so that's all Sarah really wants to discuss right now anyway) and then suddenly Sarah saw that she had to go home to get ready for her first dress fitting. I think my shower will be at their condo, will be a jungle theme, will be in the evening and we'll have kabobs. Other than that? I'm not sure... Whatever. Tell me when to be there and I'll show up.
Later in the afternoon I get a knock on my door. The lady standing there wants to talk to Kiley's mother. Fuck. "What the hell did she do now?" is what I'm thinking. Apparently Ki called her ex-boyfriend (what?) Nick pretending to be me and said "This is Kiley's mother. If you don't stop harassing Kiley and Emily I'll be going to the police." (Ki had her friend Emily over. They weren't home at the time but had just left my house.) They then texted him the same message. Luckily for me the mom was pretty cool about the whole thing. She said she was pretty sure the voice mail wasn't from an adult, and the text lingo in the text message appeared to her to not be from an adult either, but she said she wanted to come talk to me to make sure that there wasn't an issue as her son is insistent that he's not contacting the girls at all and that they're the ones contacting him.
Of course I was furious. This is not the first time that Kiley has been in trouble for using her cell phone inappropriately. This is also not the first time that I've had parents show up at my door because of her behavior.
Long story short, I made Ki come home. I took Emily home. Ki has lost her cell phone use for the time being. I'm not grounding her during the day because I'm not there to enforce it, and if I ground her she'll just leave anyway making sure she's home in time to not get caught. So she'll be grounded for the evenings for an undetermined amount of time. I'm being a little lenient on this punishment because after looking at the cell phone usage history online I could see that she did instigate the issue with this boy by calling him, but after she called him he texted her 4 times before she texted him pretending to be me again. He then texted her 8 times before she replied once. He then texted 4 times before she replied again. And his texts to her were not one right after the other - there were several minutes between texts that I can tell.
Ki and Emily are insistent that he's been harassing them for a while now. That he's memorized both their addresses, their phone numbers, their birthdays... I'm not sure how much to believe at this point, but I'll be keeping a very close eye on her cell phone from here on out - especially after (if) she gets it back.
I'm so tired of teenagers and their constant bullshit.
No comments:
Post a Comment