Breastfeeding
While I am completely for breastfeeding, like every thing else in this world, there a limit the benefits. I get that some mothers don't want to wean their children because it is a special bond between mother and child. I get that. Breastfeeding your baby in public? Fine. As long as you're somewhat discrete, and I only say that because I don't think I should have to tell my toddler/young child why that lady is showing her boobies in public, you have every right to feed your child. If you can't be discrete about it you need to practice at home before going out in public.
However, it is scientifically proven that there is no health benefit to your child breastfeeding beyond 12 months old. At this point your child is no longer getting the nutrients he/she needs to grow. If you feel that you still want to breastfeed your child at this age, fine. Who am I to tell a mother she can't have that bond still? But I can tell you that you are crossing a line when this shit is out in the public. In my opinion, this is the age where it becomes bullshit. Would you tell your child that they can have that cookie right before bead simply because they want it? No. Would you allow your child to ride in the car without a car seat because they want to? No. So why are you giving them your boob simply because they want it? Maybe you want it. Which makes me say you need to go see someone about your issues.
This shit is gross.
Gay Marriage
Why can I marry my husband but my brother can't marry his boyfriend? As a married person I have the right to tax breaks and hospital decisions to name just two. Really, who determined that "Marriage" is only supposed to be between a man and a woman? Oh, that's right. The most popular work of fiction EVER. The bible.
When I see signs proclaiming that marriage is only supposed to be between a man and a woman I get so angry I want to drive my car right through that shit. If two people truly love one another and want to spend their lives together - who is ANYONE else to say they can't? When I hear people spewing the venom of hate, because that's what it is, I want to punch them in the throat. I cannot begin to explain the depth of my hatred for people such as these...
Don't even get me started on the bullshit that they can still live together forever and all that shit. They should be allowed to the same damn rights that I have as a married person.
Because that's what it's really about, isn't it?
Religion and Politics
Isn't there some law about separation of Church and State? I tried to google that phrase but it's a little tricky... From what I can gather our Founding Fathers wanted a wall of separation between the church and the state, but what that meant exactly is a little lost on me.
In either case why is it that every single political campaign ends up being based on that particular candidate's religious beliefs? Why should the fact that Candidate A is a devout catholic, while Candidate B is a Prodistant, and Candidate C is Agnostic even play a fucking part in the politics of the United States? What church you belong to should not make a damn bit of difference when it comes to politics but that's really what it is. Politics I mean. It's a damn war to see which religion is the most popular.
Those are the rants I had to get out of my system. I'm sure there will be more. I didn't put this out there to offend anyone. All opinions are my own and since this is my blog, I will write what I want.



No comments:
Post a Comment