Lianna & Kiley

Friday, March 9, 2012

Teaching Kids to Say Funny Shit

Jessie is having a Spa Day tonight at her place.  She found some company that will come to your house and do spa services for pretty cheap.  Stuff like facials (not the dirty kind, you pervs!), manicures, pedicures, massages (no happy endings!), etc.  I'm not sure if it cost her anything to set it up but we all will pay for our "spa packages" on our own.  They're pretty cheap.  I'm getting the cheapest because my package doesn't include the cocktails - obviously!  My package is a mini-manicure (meaning no artificial stuff; just buff, shape and polish I think) and a chair massage and will only cost $34.  Not bad!

Last night Jess asked me if I could come and hang out with the kids for a little bit so she could go to the store by herself and get stuff she needed for tonight's Spa Party.  Ki and I went over there and played with the kids.  We played Old Maid about 7 times.  I forgot what it's like to play games with little kids, especially when one is special needs.  Ema, that little cutie, she would get so excited if she had a card that anyone asked someone else for that she gave it away every time!  She didn't quite grasp the concept that you needed to keep the cards you had a SECRET.  Ahahah!

Then I taught Andrew to say "what the WHAT?!" with hand motions and everything!!  Most of the time I teach him to do crazy shit because he looks so stinking cute doing them that I can't help myself, but this time I didn't even do it on purpose!  Madie was on a roll "guessing" exactly who had what card and was just running a train on that game. (She dealt the cards that game and I caught her peeking several times!)  Anyway - she guessed my card for the third time in a row and as I handed it to her I said "what the WHAT?!"  Andrew was next to me trying to tickle me and he repeated it perfectly - hand motions and everything!!

Later when Jess got home and told the kids to put on their pajamas Andrew said it!  Hand motions, facial expression, the works!  I died!!!!  I couldn't stop laughing and nearly peed my pants!  The look on Jessie's face was PRICELESS!!  She immediately turned to me and said "You did this!!"  I think it took me 5 minutes before I could speak coherently.  I told her I didn't do it on purpose but she had to admit it was fucking funny!

She had Andrew do it for Justin this morning and she said he got a kick out of it.  I taught Andrew to do this thing where he clenches his fists and tightens his face up, and kinda shakes... I wish I had a picture if it to show you, and I actually have a video of him doing it but #1 I don't know how to get it off my phone and into my computer and #2 I'm not putting his face out there in cyberspace for the world to see when it's not my child.  Sorry people.  Anyway, my little brother used to to that face all the time, and I remember Lianna doing it also.  I know it's not just my family that does it - I've seen other kids do it, but when I got Andrew to do it the first time Justin was so mad at me!  At the time Andrew was having pooping issues - it was hurting him pretty badly to poop.  He did it once for me and pooped - and SCREAMED bloody murder for about 10 minutes.  I felt bad but I didn't know he was having issues.  Once Justin got over the fact that I wasn't trying to hurt his kid on purpose he found the humor in it.

They've both told me that I'm in trouble when this kid is old enough to teach tricks to!  I figure no matter what they "teach" him/her it won't be nearly as funny as when I taught Li to call my older brother a Crack Baby.  She spent four days calling him Unka Kak Bebe!

THAT was funny.

2 comments:

Ms. Ro Chelle said...

When we were kids, my brother would always lose at old maid. One time he got so mad that he crumpled up the card and from that point on it was always obvious who had the card. Loved that game. I need to teach it to the girls. They would get a huge kick out of it.

Jennpav said...

That is so cute! I would never be able to discipline kids for saying in appropriate stuff because I would die laughing!

JP
Lettuce Be Clear