Update, huh? Ok, here goes:
Sarah and I finally had a talk about the girls dresses. She's going to buy the girls dresses and I'll get them the black heels to wear with them. It wasn't nearly as dreadful a conversation as I thought it would be and actually went pretty smoothly. So that's taken care of.
I had to rush to my OB yesterday because I started bleeding. I was freaking out. This wasn't just some spotting which I know is common this was like the beginning of my miscarriage in October - bright red and more than spotting. By the time I got to the Dr I was a mess. Thankfully I don't work (or live) far from my OB's office and I was there in about 10 minutes. They got me in right away and while the nurse was taking my blood pressure I couldn't stop crying. Thankfully it wasn't the Ugly Cry, but I still was a mess.
My OB did an internal ultrasound and the baby is fine! Thank GOD! I saw him/her kicking around and saw the heartbeat. There was some fluid around the sac between that and my uterus but my cervix was closed and plugging everything up like it's supposed to. My OB explained it as a leak in your house will find the path of least resistance and this excess fluid did the same thing. I was ordered to be on "bed rest" yesterday and if there were no more complications I was able to return to normal activity today - which I am. I'm just not allowed to jump around, lift anything heavy, or run a marathon. Darn, there goes my weekend plans: Lifting weights and running the Chicago Marathon. Yeah, right!
I have another ultrasound on Wednesday the 14th as a follow-up so hopefully I can breathe easy after that. That weekend will be the official end of my first trimester. I'm hoping that I can make it that far and further...
2 comments:
Oh my gosh. I'm so glad you and the baby are alright. Praying that the two of you will continue to be healthy.
And glad the dress talk went smooth.
Thank you!
Post a Comment