Our friend Justin's brother, Brent, is getting divorced from the bitch that we're all convinced brainwashed him into becoming the worlds biggest Douche Canoe. She is a piece of work.
As a small example of her idiocy I offer you this tidbit of information:
When Abbey was getting married (Abbey is Brent and Justin's only sister) she wanted Brent to be in her wedding. She'd also requested that Brent's children, Annabelle and Anthony, be part of her wedding as well. Abbey and Kristen (Brent's soon to be ex) have never gotten along so Abbey never requested Kristen to be a part of her wedding. Two weeks before Abbey's wedding Kristen came up with this gem of stinking bullshit "we're a family unit and as such we do things as a unit or we don't do them at all." Because Abbey absolutely refused to include Kristen in her wedding Kristen was refusing to allow her children OR Brent to be a part and they all pulled out of the ceremony. Two weeks before the wedding. Who does that?! They then attended the wedding and I personally overheard Kristen telling other guests that they were kicked out of the wedding party.
So it came to our attention yesterday that Brent and Kristen are getting divorced. Justin and Jess are beyond thrilled because they're hoping that they get the old Brent back eventually. What absolutely boggles my mind is the fact that she is taking him to the cleaners. Apparently between child support for one child (only Annabelle is biologically his; Anthony still has a relationship with his biological father) and alimony he's losing 60% of his salary. How is that even possible?! He has to be able to live!
On the one hand I'm pissed that he's getting hosed, but I know that he's made his bed and now has to lie in it. On the other hand I'm pissed that this bitch is getting a free ride. I sure as hell didn't get a free ride when I got divorced. In fact I was flat out denied alimony (not that I would have ever seen a dime - he hardly pays child support) because there was no proof that I was unable or unfit to hold a job. My children were 2 and 4 at the time. Kristen's kids are 10 and 8 and in school all day, and she's got an associates degree! There's no reason on earth that she can't get a job, she's just lazy.
I've also been told that he has to continue to pay the mortgage on their house. She's going to continue living there with both kids and move her Mom in. If I were Brent I'd demand that she sell the house or buy him out. Why should he continue to pay a mortgage for another 20+ years when he's not living in the house and only one dependent is there?! In my opinion Brent's lawyer is failing at his job miserably.
1 comment:
Wow. He is getting hosed. He has to keep paying the mortgage? That seems weird.
Post a Comment