Lianna & Kiley

Monday, March 19, 2012

Hello There

Hi!  My name is Erin and I pee my pants.

I had a history of bladder infections as a child necessitating several tests involving catheters to diagnose the cause. (Turns out I was just stubborn and wouldn't stop playing to go use the bathroom.  Go figure!)  Using a catheter (I've been told) pokes a teeny tiny hole in your bladder.  Use a catheter several times and you get the picture.

I've had two kids.  Hello?!  Need I say more?!  Well... unless you've not had the pleasure of baking a human I'll share - they do a number to your bladder while you're so lovingly cooking them up. (Among the other things they do to your body and mind both during pregnancy and beyond...)

If I sneeze?  I will pee my pants.

If I laugh too hard?  I will pee my pants.  (And it doesn't take much to make me laugh.)

If you tickle me, if I yell too loudly, if you startle me, if I bounce in a bounce house, if you hug me too tight - I can guarantee you I WILL PEE MY PANTS.

Ryan, a friend and a "Shop Guy" at work for the week, didn't believe me when I told him that the reason I stopped in the hallway and crossed my legs to sneeze was to avoid wetting my pants.  He had to prove me wrong.  All he proved by giving me a surprise bear hug was that I was right.  Very right.

I peed my pants and had to use my lunch hour to go home to change....

1 comment:

Ms. Ro Chelle said...

I can't do jumping jacks anymore for this very same reason.