Lianna & Kiley

Friday, December 2, 2011

Who DOES That?!

HOLY FUCKING FUCKERY!

Yes, I cursed.  Loudly.  I don't care.  M called me while I was on my way to work to tell me that his boss, Demitri, told M he can't have next Friday off because Demitri was going to be off, and they can't both be off at the same time.  When M reminded Demitri that next Friday is our WEDDING day, Demitri told M to change it to Saturday because M has to be at work on Friday, AND if M wasn't at work on Friday M would be fired.

What.  The.  Fuck.

Who the hell tells someone a week before their wedding to change it?!  Who tells someone to change their wedding date at all?!

I hit the roof when M told me this.  You should have seen me in my car just spewing the word vomit with no regard to the the school bus of children next to me, the Granny in front of me... (Thank god it's "fall" and my windows were up.)  I told M to have Demitri call me and I'd tell him where he can take his Cheap, Inbred, Douche Canoe, Fucktarded, Greek Ass and how to fucking get there.  And I don't care if he IS bigger than me!

I also informed M that if the Asshat want's to be like that then let him.  M can start his married life unemployed.

Change my wedding date because Demitri can't seem to get his shit together and remember that M got this approved a MONTH ago?  Fuck that!

Later in the morning M called to tell me that he heard through the shop grapevine that today is Demitri's last day and that's why he told M he had to be at work next Friday.  Obviously, M has to go to the next person in command and explain the situation.  If they have a problem with it - refer them to me.  I'll straighten them out.

In fact, just last night, on a late night dog food run to Costco, M told me that he's thinking about biting the bullet and quitting this company to work at a different counter installation company.  He'd had an interview several months ago with this other company but they didn't have any openings for a lead installer, which is what he his now, and only had openings for assistants which would be a step down for him, thus a step down in pay as well.  He didn't take it, at the time telling them that he couldn't afford to get a pay reduction, but has been told by a buddy who works there that they'll still hire him anytime because of his experience.

Now this crap with his current company.  I told him to talk to his buddy at the other place, get another interview or face to face and not even bother telling his current company that he's done.  Just one day don't show up.  They don't deserve the courtesy.

This weekend I've got to find a dress to wear to my wedding next Friday.  I hope I can find one that isn't too much money and that actually fits.  I never wear dresses unless I have to, so we'll see how that goes.

M just called to tell me that my wedding rings came in.  We don't have the funds to buy an actual wedding ring with Christmas so close, so we ended up buying two very slender CZ rings, in an aqua color (for December) to create my own "wrap" wedding ring.  There are several very pretty CZ rings out there, and for the budget tight - like me - they would work fine.  EXCEPT my engagement ring is a real diamond.  Try putting a CZ ring next to a real diamond and it looks fake.  I'm not having that.  I think with the CZ in these rings being so very tiny, and being a colored stone, they may not look so bad.
That's my wedding ring.  One of these on each side of my engagement ring (which I can't find a picture of) should look ok.  M wants to buy me the wrap I've been eyeballing for months now with his tax return.  We'll see how that goes.  I really don't care about the ring.  It's just a symbol after all, right?

Here's to hoping that the dress shopping goes ok...

No comments: