Lianna & Kiley

Thursday, July 8, 2010

What did you call me?!

L's curfue, since it's summer and she doesn't have to get up in the mornings, is 10:30 pm.  Personally I think this is a little too late for her, but M convinced me that she needs to be able to have a longer curfue than the 9 pm that I had originally imposed.  She is, after all, going to be a Sophmore in high school this coming year.

This is an actual phone conversation I had the pleasure of having with my 15 year old daughter last night:

L: "Zac and I want to go see a movie but the movies we want to see don't start until 9:30.  Can I stay out until after the movie?  I promise I'll come home right after the movie.  I won't go anywhere else."

Me: (After looking at my watch and realizing that it's now 8:30 pm and she's been at Zac's house since 6:30 which gave them pleanty of time to decide to see a movie and be home in time for her to meet her curfue, yet waited until now to decide this) "You can go watch a movie but you have to be home by 10:30"

L: "Please? I promise to be home right after the movie.  Please?"

Me: "You were out with an extended curfue the last two nights.  You must be home by 10:30"

L: "Fine."

Little does L realize that she hasn't hung up the phone yet, neither have I because I didn't realize we were done with our conversation since she ended with a simple, sarcastic, attitude filled "fine", and the next thing I hear is "She's such a BITCH" before the line goes dead.

You may be asking yourself "what did she do then?"  I'll tell you what I did:

L: "Hello?"

Me: "I'll see you in a few minutes."

L: "Why?  It's not 10:30 yet."

Me: "Because you're going to say your goodbyes, pack up your crap and come home right now."

L: "WHY?!"

Me: "Because I'm such a BITCH"

Needless to say, L came home but decided to go directly into her room and remain there for the rest of the evening.

FOR SALE:  One Teenager.  Smart.  Pretty.  Already knows EVERYTHING.  No refunds.  No returns.

No comments: