We went to look at the rental house last night. Ohh nooo... It was alright on the outside. A bit on the plain side, but there was no fence. With two dogs who are not used to being on a chain a fenced in back yard is almost a must. Then we went... Inside. Holy moly! It seemed like they were finished with their painting as it smelled only faintly of new paint, but it was a C-R-A-P-P-Y paint job. I wouldn't even paint that badly. All the walls were painted different shades of blue, grey and taupe. It looked like they thought that if they painted along the wall and got it all over the ceiling it would look "artsy". They failed. All the wood doors were painted white, and the framing around the doors were partially painted from painting the walls as well. The carpet was stained and the refrigerator smelled like moldy gym socks. All the rooms were too small for our furniture and the basement smelled like it had mold in it as well. In other words - we keep looking.
When we returned I found out that my kids were not leaving for their Grandparent's house until Saturday morning instead of today (Friday) because their "wonderful" Dad was not coming up for a visit as he had originally said he would. Big surprise.
I'm not sure if I've posted this before but here goes the condensed version - According to the divorce decree SFB (Shit For Brains) is supposed to get the girls for one month in the summer because he lives out of state. He wanted to put this into play for the first time in 5 years, but I nixed the idea as I don't know his latest child bride, where they live or their living conditions. He doesn't have the best track record. I did agree to let them go to his mother's house for a week or two if he wanted to come up here instead to visit them. All was set in motion. He was coming here for an extended weekend as that was the only time he could get off work (I'd like to know where the child support is if he's working...).
Newest Twist - He told the girls this past week that he may not be able to come because the DMV has confused him with another Kenneth R Johnson and has suspended his license instead of the Other Ken. I have to admit I snickered when the girls told me this. How does the DMV confuse two people? They don't. The fact that he hasn't paid his child support in YEARS has finally caught up with him, and the Child Support Enforcement Agency has FINALLY taken a small step. I didn't tell the girls this though.
Bottom line is he's not coming this weekend because he has no license. The girls told him to take a train, he told them there are no trains from where he is. They told him to take a bus, he told them there's no bus service near him. They don't believe anything he says anymore. He promises to come up in a few weeks when the DMV unsuspends his license and suspends the "right" Kenneth R Johnson. I say don't hold your breath. The girls both say that if he doesn't come up within three weeks they're going to be "pissed". I'm not holding my breath on that either. As usual, he'll come out smelling like roses and I'll still be the bad guy in our house.
I can only hope that the suspension of his license is due to child support issues. I don't know for sure and I don't have the patience or the time to hold on the phone to find out. I find it highly suspect that the DMV would confuse two people regardless of their names. Don't they go by license number or social security number? I doubt they base anything on name alone. If this suspension is due to child support he's going to be license-less for a LONG time. He owes anywhere from $65,000 to $70,000 in back child support. If suspension due to child support works the way I think it works he'll have to get caught up before he can get his license back. BAHAHAHAH!!!
The girls are still going to their grandparent's today though. Both girls were wishy washy about wanting to go. I told them they didn't have to go if they didn't want to, and they both decided that they'd go anyway. K got a call from their Nonnie last night telling her that their Pa would pick them up on Friday morning about 9am because he had the day off after all.
They just called and said they were on their way with their Pa. Now I have to get through another day of work here, then I get to go to my friends' house after work for drinks, dinner and if it doesn't rain - some night swimming!!
No comments:
Post a Comment