Lianna & Kiley

Friday, January 20, 2012

Clusterfuck

I know I bitch about this a LOT, but I really can’t help it.  This is the only place I feel like I can vent about it. 

I FUCKING HATE MY JOB.

It’s such a clusterfuck of insanity here that I can’t understand how the office functions.  I already recapped how the office had an “Office Meeting” in which the guys were instructed to send all correspondence through me.  Yeah… That lasted all of one week.  They’re back to typing their own shit and I’m still sitting here twiddling my thumbs. 

My boss even gave me a project to begin a take off for.  I’ve been waiting three days for him to help me in figuring out what I need to do next.  He’s too busy with his own estimating, and everybody else’s issues to help me.  I was actually told yesterday that he “can’t help right now.  It’ll have to sit on the back burner until later”.  The job bids in one week.  I still have to get glass out to price, aluminum out to price, and everything else.  In essence this is going to be yet another “job” he throws my way and then says “oh well.  I don’t have time.  You did all that work for nothing.”  What the fuck is the point of that?

I am so angry and irritated with this bullshit that I’m actually contemplating quitting after I have the baby.  I know that’s not financially smart, but that’s how angry I am with where I am.  I’m angry here, therefore I’m angry at home, and it’s total bullshit. 

And on top of that I have to listen to Craig bitch every Friday about how BUSY he is and how he has no time to do anything, and I want to punch him in the throat every time he opens his mouth.  Not a single one of the guys would NOT benefit from delegating to me simple things like typing, filing, copying, etc.  OFFICE WORK.  Instead they make me feel like I’m too fucking stupid to do anything, and it’s a wonder that I can brush my teeth without help.

Fuck this.  I’m done.

1 comment:

Ms. Ro Chelle said...

Boy can I relate to your anger. The job I had before giving birth to The Seven Year Old was the exact same thing. They hired me under the pretense of being busy, and needing to know how to multi-task because I would be assisting in all sorts of tasks like making travel arrangements, to creating agendas and schedules, typing up proposals, fielding phone calls...all sorts of the office sort stuff. But then once I was there for a bit, the work slowed down and I rarely did anything. By the time I left, I was spending my days surfing eBay and taking naps at my desk. And like you the part that made me the most angry was that I was made to feel like the reason that I was not given more work and responsibility was because evidently I was not smart enough to handle it. I pretty much hated everyone that I worked with and my last day was among the happiest days of my life.