Where to start… Where to start…
Well, for beginners I think I need to change the name of my blog. “Mom Who” doesn’t really work for this blog. My intention when I started this little venture of mine was to journal my life with teenagers, but lately this has become more of me just venting about whatever bullshit is going on at the moment. Some of it is kids, but not much anymore. Honestly, they don’t want anything from me unless it benefits them in some way such as money or a ride somewhere. That’s the extent of my correspondence with my kids other than arguing because they are complete Asshats and totally self centered. They are teenagers though. At least I know they’re normal in that sense.
I’ll work on a new name. Don’t be alarmed when you find me not on your blog list anymore! I didn’t go to jail for child abuse, the blog name just changed is all!
Here’s my rant for today: Sit back and hold onto your hats; I anticipate a lot of swearing in this one (I’ll try to hold back though…).
We had a company meeting on Monday basically discussing how our estimators need to buckle down and get more work while simultaneously managing whatever jobs are currently going on. I could see Craig getting more and more upset thinking about “all the work” he’ll have to do in the upcoming months to maintain what’s going on as well as estimate new projects. That part of the meeting didn’t pertain to me as I’m not an estimator nor am I a Project Manager (PM); however, I did mention that the PMs should utilize me in the position I was hired to do, by giving me any and all correspondence to type and send. That includes Change Orders, Purchase Orders and letters.
This is what I was HIRED to do, people. Assist these guys so they can concentrate on the work that they have to do and that they cannot have someone help them with. Not one of these guys does this.
My boss was all for it at the meeting, and even went so far as to have me come up with forms for various communication to be used across the board. Currently each guy has their own format for whatever they type up. Ron even types EVERYTHING IN CAPS NO MATTER WHAT IT IS. I DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT TO ME THIS IS YELLING. IF I WERE TO RECEIVE A LETTER LIKE THIS I WOULD IMMEDIATELY GO ON THE DEFENSIVE THINKING I WAS BEING YELLED AT.
Craig pulls a chair up to my desk yesterday after asking if I can type a PO for him. He’s got a huge binder on his lap with various information in it and I thought that he had a difficult PO with multiple sizing and pricing that I needed to type out. Fuck no. He wanted me to type this exact sentence:
Furnish 12 gauge, 16 gauge, and 1/4" thick pre-galvanized steel shapes per attached sheet 100 and 101 based on your quote from October 28, 2011.
Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!? That was all! I said “you had to sit here for THAT?” and he got all defensive telling me that I’m the one who wanted to type all the POs so why am I bitching? Then wanted to know if I’d “allow” him to get comfortable with me typing his stuff.
FUCK YOU, YOU COCKSLAP! I mean, really?!?!
Do you have any idea how completely demoralizing that is? This is what I was hired to fucking do and he has to micromanage my typing a single god damned sentence?!?!?!
To top off my wonderful day of being micromanaged by Mr. Douche-Canoe of the World, when I put the PO into our binder where we keep them for reference –there’s a PO in there that my Boss wrote the day before. If he’s not even going to have me type shit how the hell can I expect anyone else in the company to use me?
I’m fucking tired of this shit. I can’t take this anymore. I sit here day after day surfing the fucking internet because I have nothing to do. When I finally think that maybe I’ll have work to at least take up a portion of my day, I get a slap to the face by being micromanaged and ignored.
I’m tired of listening to Craig bitch about how much work he has to do when he wastes time by watching me type one fucking sentence! Not only that but the fucker hasn’t even showed up today and it’s 10am. Supposedly he was going to a jobsite this morning but our shop was already there and guess who wasn’t!
I fucking hate my job and I'm getting more and more pissed just sitting here typing this...
No comments:
Post a Comment