Lianna & Kiley

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

At What Point

It's currently 11:46 pm on Tuesday night & I'm sitting outside Best Buy. No, I'm not getting an early start on Black Friday shopping. I'm waiting for Li to get out of work. She was scheduled from 4pm to 10:30pm today.

After sitting here for nearly half an hour I finally got a text from her:

"Its a truck night. I have to stay."

At which I thought WTF?! I know she was hired for the Holiday Season. I know that the better she performs during this season the more likely she'll be kept on after the Holidays are over. However, my predicament is as follows: She's 16 years old. It's nearly midnight on a school night and I'm not seeing any action near the exit. At what point is this not only unacceptable but illegal & how does she talk to them about these hours without jeopardizing her future employment?


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

1 comment:

Ms. Ro Chelle said...

That's a tough one. I am not sure of the laws but I had a niece that was working well past midnight at a certain fast food place on school nights. Like stupid ridiculous late...