Lianna & Kiley

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Houston, TX - My Cousin's Wedding

My mom, my girls and I drove to Texas for my cousin's wedding.  We left on Thursday afternoon at about 2pm central time.  We arrived in West Memphis at about 10 pm.  My mother insisted that we were in Little Rock, or right outside of it anyway, no matter how much I tried to explain to her that we were getting ready to get onto the highway that TAKES us to Little Rock, and that Little Rock was actually more like 2 hours away.  Whatevs.  We stopped for the night and got going again Friday morning by 7am.  We came upon Houston at about 4:45 pm and it was HOT.

We didn't even think about how bad traffic would be on a Friday at 5pm on a holiday weekend.  We sat in traffic for a good hour to an hour and a half before we busted off the highway and took a side road...
This is only PART of the traffic... Made me feel right at home!!

We got to my Aunt Jeanie's house about 6 pm or so, we all four took showers (separately of course) and were out the door on our way to the rehearsal dinner by 7:30pm.  It was a mad dash, but we made it in time and we had fun seeing our family and my cousin.  Even though my Uncle Chris forgot my name when he introduced the "out of town guests"!

Saturday was Jolie's wedding to Matt.  The church was GORGEOUS!  Jolie looked GORGEOUS!  Matt was very handsome, too.  The ceremony wasn't too long, thank goodness, and the reception was across the street.  They had a buffet dinner with salad, scalloped potatoes, green beans, carrots & cauliflower, chicken marsala,  rolls, and beef tenderloin that melted in your mouth.  The wedding cake was several tiers and each tier was a different cake - I think.  I know she had a raspberry cheesecake (Delish!) and a chocolate cheesecake, but I'm not sure what else there was.  There was also a grooms cake which was in the shape of a police car (Matt's a police officer) and was a chocolate cake.

We had a great time!
 Aunt Jeanie dancing with her nieces 

 My cousin Jennifer's son Conner with handcuffs on his ankles & wrists!

The "ball & chain" on Matt that literally had to be cut off - they lost the key!

Lianna & Kiley
I realize I'm in trouble after the second time a waiter offered Lianna alcohol.  

My cousin Jennifer and her husband Jason 

My Aunt Peggy, Aunt Cass & my Mom 

It's still hot in Texas.  
My Aunt said to my Mom "it's been a mild summer so far..."  Is she CRAZY?!  It's not even Summer yet, and it's a "mild" summer?!?!?

Jennifer's son Conner caught the garter - and ate the blue fondant off the police car cake...

Jolie's so classy!  (She's flipping the bird!)  I love that girl!!

On Sunday, before we went home, my Uncle Chris was having a Crawfish Boil at his house which is right on the ocean.  Ok, not the ocean ocean, but a canal that goes to the ocean and that's cool enough for me.



I named him Dinner. 
 
Oh. My. God.

These little critters were GOOD.  They are a lot of work for a small piece of meat though and they cut up your fingers!  I was all set to suck their heads, too, but when I opened the first one and took a peak down the hole - no way was I sucking ANYTHING out of there.  I don't care if you filled it with vodka.  It was NOT happening.

By the way, did I tell you it was hot in Houston?

We left my Uncle Chris' at about 4pm and drove until about 10 pm when we got to Texarkana.  We spent the night there, left Monday morning about 8am and pulled into my driveway at about 9:30pm.  


The girls were so tired by the time we left Uncle Chris' that they both conked out!!

Oh, and did I tell you?


It's FREAKING HOT IN HOUSTON!!!

No comments: