This Sunday will be our semi-annual 4th of July party. I say 'semi-annual' because we didn't have a party last year as we were at a friend's wedding, but we had a party the previous two years. That's neither here nor there. I'm beginning to flip out a bit. Let me paint you a picture...
An artist I am not, bu you can get the picture... This is my small house. It is actually a townhouse, or technically in this neighborhood - a garden house. I have neighbors connect to my left which is why my house is (somewhat) straight on that side.
Let me paint you another picture...
This photo is aptly named "Forty Three Separate People In A Crowd" as that is roughly the number of people who I am expecting... You know how when you plan a party you should count on something like 80% of the people to show up? No. Not in this case. Everyone we invited stated they're coming. Several are bringing additional people. Craig & Beth alone invited several of their neighbors and children, as well as Craig's extended family!
I'm flipping out because my house hasn't been deep cleaned in a while and I have a lot of cleaning to do yet. This is the difference between men and women. M thinks that we can just put some burgers on the grill, open a bag of chips and call it a day. I know I still have to:
Clean the kitchen
Mop the floors
Clean the windows
Wash the walls (thanks to dogs who lay in the same spot. Every. Freaking. Day.)
Clean out the closet so I can actually put things away in there
Grocery shop for "snack stuff" because I just KNOW people are gonna show up empty handed (but I'll be dammed if they think I'm supplying them with alcohol! My friends are lushes!!)
In addition to all this I also have to go to my mother's house on Saturday afternoon for a Family Dinner because her friend from high school is in town and my mom wants to parade us all in front of her. It's not even a Family Dinner because Eric won't be there. Mark and I will, and the girls will. M said there was no way. He had enough of my family during graduations.
Aaaarrrrggggghh!


1 comment:
See, I always do the deep cleaning after everyone has left...that is when it will be dirtiest. I hate doing super cleans before a party all the while knowing I will be doing another super clean after everyone has left.
Hope your party went well and you had a great 4th!
Post a Comment