Lianna & Kiley

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Well Excuse Me!!!

What the hell is the difference between a D+ and an F?  Apparently L thinks there's a HUGE difference between the two.  I checked her grades online and saw that she's got a 1 in Photography.  (The scoring is weird with her school.  They get a 1 to a 5 which is basically 1 = F and 5 = A.  Why they couldn't just put F through A I don't know...)  So I sent her a text asking her if she was aware she was failing that class.  She sends me a text back saying "Actually, it's a D+"  Oh, I'm sorry.  My bad.  Apparently more things have changed than the fashion from when I was in high school.  According to L a D+ isn't failing a class.  I disagree.

It kind of reminds me of that joke about the stop sign:
A man comes up to a stop sign in a residential neighborhood.  Instead of coming to a complete stop, he slows down and rolls through the stop sign.  As soon as he's through the intersection he sees the cop's lights in his rearview mirror.  The cop asks him why he didn't stop at the stop sign, and the guy says, "Well, I slowed down, and looked both ways."  The cop asks the guy to get out of the car and when the guy does the cop starts to beat him with his billy club.  The cop asks the guy, "Now.  Do you want me to slow down, or do you want me to stop?"

Yeah.  I'm full of useless crap that has no relation to what I was talking about to begin with.  I think I need a glass of wine tonight...

No comments: