It was supposed to be the 2nd worst storm in Chicagoland history in nearly a Century. I think they need to re-evaluate that title. We were supposed to get what the weather stations were calling The Chicago Cyclone which was to include winds so strong they could overturn fully loaded semi-tractor trailers. We got wind, but I didn't see any wind around here that would call for the state of emergency some people were preparing for.
Today was supposed to be windy as well but not nearly so windy as yesterday. They lie. At least for this portion of the state. We're MUCH more windy here today than yesterday. I have siding coming off my house for goodness sake! And since last night was garbage night, we live in a culdasac (I don't even know how to spell that!!), and we have the longest side yard which includes a wooden fence running the length of it - we have a recycling can full of garbage that has blown up against our fence as well as empty garbage cans from several neighbors. Luckily they all had addresses spray painted on them so M was able to return them.
K called me from school today to see if I could ask my friend, Melissa, to make her fondant for school. What?! Really? Yes. Really. Apparently K "volunteered" to bring in orange fondant for her Life Sciences class. (Why can't they just call it Home Ec like we did? How is Life Sciences more politically correct or whatever?) Anyhow - I didn't even bother to ask Melissa to make it, but I did ask her how difficult it is to make. She sent me a recipe for Marshmallow Fondant which she said was easier than regular fondant. I don't see how! Yes, there are only three ingredients in the Marshmallow Fondant, but the steps required to complete it?! Oh my... Never mind! K called later today to see if I'd talked to Melissa. I just told K that Melissa didn't have time to make any. I didn't bother to tell her about the recipe Melissa sent me, or she'd want to make it and I'd end up with marshmallow in my coffee pot somehow.
Update - The dogs no longer smell like skunk. They now smell like racnid skunk. Just sayin...
No comments:
Post a Comment