Again, a post that I feel I have to write or my entire being will explode.
The Chic-Fil-A Debate
I am so incredibly angry over this issue it's ridiculous. Do not get me wrong - I do not dispute anyone's right to believe what they want to believe. To live how they want to live. To be who they want to be.
But God Dammit - it goes both fucking ways. I don't bother you or degrade you for believing in Jesus and the Bible. Don't you dare fucking tell me that because I don't believe in what you believe in I should be punished.
My issue with Dan Cathy is not that he's a Christian. My issue is that Chic-Fil-A openly supports organizations that are actively working to take away basic human rights of people simply because of who they are. No one, NO ONE, should have the right or the authority to do that.
Did we learn nothing from Slavery?
Did we learn nothing from the Civil Rights Movement?
Did you know that The Family Research Council and the Marriage & Family Foundation are two organizations that Chic-Fil-A has donated millions of dollars to? Did you know that The Family Research Council believes that same gender loving behavior should be criminalized in this country?
These reasons, plus many more, are why I will never frequent a Chic-Fil-A. The money I spend there would help to contribute to the mission to deny my brother his basic human rights, and that will NEVER be okay.
I think Chris Rock said it best:

1 comment:
Haha I agree with Chris Rock. Completely.
Post a Comment