Lianna & Kiley

Friday, February 4, 2011

Apprehensive

K has another therapy appointment today and this time I get to be in the room.  Oh joy.  This is not going to end well.  I'm  disappointed in her therapist as she's known that I want her to talk to K's social worker at the school for some time now and she's not made any attempt to contact the social worker.  K's school social worker has left a couple messages for the therapist but has yet to receive a return call.  This irritates me because I know that the K that is in the therapist's office every week is not the same K that goes to school and I have at home.  When alone, with someone she likes, K is a very agreeable person.  Nice, funny, sweet, etc, but add to her environment someone she doesn't care for (her sister or me) and she becomes this devil child who I want to lock in her room.  

For instance, last night K was washing the dinner dishes.  She was mad that she had to clean L's pan from her grilled cheese, but that's the rule with dinner dishes.  Whomever has dishes that night cleans ALL the dishes used to make dinner regardless of who used the dish.  (L didn't want the enchiladas we made so she made grilled cheese instead.  K thought this meant L had to clean her own dish - not the case.)  Because she was mad at me for making her clean the pan (it was one stinking skillet for craps sake!) she decided to yell up to L to empty the recycling.  I tried to remind her that she doesn't like it when L acts like "her mom" so not to do it to L and the response I got made me hit the ceiling.  Under her breath she mumbles some rude comment.  Just loud enough that I can hear her talking but not loud enough for me to hear what she said.  

These are my pet peeves of K's behavior:
  • Rolling her eyes when I'm talking to her
  • Interrupting me
  • Saying "Whatever" when I'm done talking 
      or worse
  • Saying "Whatever" while I'm talking
I've had it with her mouth.  I've had it with her attitude.  I'm done.  I'm tired of her being in my face all the time.  I'm afraid that I'm going to really lose my cool and beat the crap out of her.  Honestly, that's what I'm afraid of most.  So many people have told me that I should just let her have one good smack and she'll learn.  My issue with that is she makes me SO mad that if I give her one good smack - I'm not sure I'd be able to stop.  So I abide by the age old adage "keep your hands to yourself". 

I'll have to post again over the weekend about how the therapy session goes today...

No comments: