Lianna & Kiley

Monday, November 22, 2010

Warning: THIS POST IS RANTING Just giving you a warning! :)

This is the part of my job I really dislike… I’m trying to get two things completed this week due to the holiday. I want to get my PO book up to date and I want to get my Waiver for Quin School ready ahead of time so I can pick up the check when I’m told it’s time and not have to wait a day or two to get it together.

Quin School – I emailed Ron asking him on Thursday to get me the names of the companies to be listed, their contract description, and the amount of their contracts. I told him why I wanted it; that I’m anticipating a check release before December 1st. It’s now Monday. I had to email him again this morning and his reply was “we’ll work on this after lunch”. We? Since when did YOUR job become a WE project?! It’s not my job to get that information together. I wouldn’t mind gathering what I could except for that 1.) Ron doesn’t put ANYTHING in the PO book until I get on his case to do so (this would be where I’d get my information for the waiver from) 2.) If I did feel like wading into his cesspool of an office to find the information myself, which as far as I’m concerned is a hazard to my health to even breathe the air in there, I would never be able to decipher the chicken scratch that is his handwriting.

PO Book – I’m supposed to type up all correspondence that leaves this office regardless of what it is. I don’t do this. Not because I don’t want to, but because these three guys have been doing things the way they do them for so long that change does not come easily to them. They do not embrace it. They do not try it out to see how much time is saved by having me do this type of work for them. (Not to mention Craig’s such a micro-manager even if he did give me his typing, he’d be looking over my shoulder the whole time correcting me as I type.) Whatever… You want to keep working the way you did before? Fine, but quit complaining to me about how much work you have to do but don’t have time to complete. GIMME YOUR TYPING, BITCHES!! I digress…

I came across two PO’s (that’s where I was going! I’m supposed to type PO’s too but that falls into their “can’t change how we operate” category) that are missing from the PO Book. One is from Mike, the Big Bossman, and one from Craig. I emailed both, separately, requesting an emailed copy so I could enter into the book. Mike sent me his no problem. Craig replied, “I had to give Mike a copy to sign. Can you get it from him?” Really? This takes me to an entirely different level of irritation. Why are you asking me to get a document from Mike that you should have gotten back already? YOU wrote the PO for YOUR job. YOU sent it to Mike for his signature. IT’S YOUR JOB!! FOLLOW UP ON IT!!

** FYI - by "your job" I don't mean as in Job Description.  I'm referring to the actual project for which the information is necessary **

No comments: