One would think that after years of my Mother being, for lack of a better word I'm going to say insensitive, to me and my feelings I would have built a wall against it, right? Apparently not.
I've been wanting to talk to my future SIL about the fact that she has not discussed with me anything in regards to my children being in her wedding, or more importantly, the budget I can afford for their dresses. I've drafted several emails about these subjects and have yet to send any of them because they take a bitchy tone. I get angry as I write the email and I end up coming off as an uber-bitch. That's not my intention. So I've decided that I need to talk to Sarah in person. I simply have yet to do so.
Until now but, I still don't know how to go about it. I was at breakfast with Jessie yesterday morning when I got a call from Sarah. We don't "talk" so I was surprised, but I was also in a noisy restaurant and I was busy so I forwarded her call to voice mail. Her message said something about "cannot believe I didn't talk to you about the girls being in my wedding" and then something else about dresses and fittings. To be honest I tuned her out because I really don't care. BUT I started thinking - why is it that a week after I was talking to my Mother about Sarah's lack of communication regarding my children's involvement in her wedding would Sarah suddenly call me? I figured that my Mother had to have said something to either Eric or Sarah herself to prompt this call.
I was right.
Just today I saw on Facebook a post from Sarah about finding the perfect wedding dress and how beautiful she felt and that she couldn't have done it without 5 women. One of those women was my Mother. MY Mother. The one who couldn't come with Jessie and I when I was looking for my wedding dress because she had errands to run before book club. I cannot tell you how much this bothers me.
So now Sarah is calling me because she wants the girls to buy their dresses because she needs to get fittings scheduled. Honestly - My opinion about this is if she wants my kids in her wedding, she can buy their dresses.
I'm tired of being made to feel bad and I'm washing my hands of this whole thing.
3 comments:
Ugh, that must sting, knowing that your mom went with Sarah. I think you'd do better without the drama too.
Oh, how awful. I am so sorry that you had to experience this. :-(
I would also be annoyed by your Mom being available for your future sister in law but not you.
I am not sure how I feel about the dresses for your daughters because I don't know how brides and grooms do these things now days. When I was married I bought my bridesmaids dresses. But then again, they had to buy their own plane tickets to be in the wedding so I got the better end of that deal.
I hope it all works out.
Post a Comment